Outlook 2013 email setup tutorial
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2013
2. Click File
3. Click Info from the left side menu
4. Click Account Settings
5. Select the Account Settings….option from the drop down.
6. Under the Email tab, click New.
[box style=”rounded”]Note: If making changes to an existing account, under the Email tab you will see a list of email accounts that exist within Outlook 2013, double click on the email account you wish to make changes to, then skip to step 9.[/box]
7. Select the Manually configure server settings or additonal server types radio option then [Next]
8. Select the POP or IMAP radio option and click [Next]
9. Complete the empty fields:
Your Name: The name you wish displayed when people receive your emails
Email Address: The email address you are sending email from.
Account Type: Select POP3 or IMAP from the drop down.
Incoming mail server: pop.partnerconsole.com
Outgoing mail server: smtp.partnerconsole.com or you can enter your Internet Service Providers (ISP) outgoing mail server
User Name: Your full mail address eg. email@example.com
Password: The password used for this email account.
It is up to the end user to decide if they wish to create a new Outlook Data File or not, this choice does not affect the connection to our servers.
10 Click [More Settings].
11. Select the Outgoing Server tab
12. Select My outgoing mail server (SMTP) require authentication and Use same settings as incoming mail server
13. Select the Advanced tab.
Users can choose whether to use SSL or not, both are supported on our servers.
Without SSL Encryption
This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) = Unselected.
Change the Outgoing server (SMTP) number to 587.
Use the following type of encrypted connection = None.
With SSL Encryption
This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) = Selected.
Change the Outgoing server (SMTP) number to 465.
Use the following type of encrypted connection = SSL.
14. Click [OK}
15. Click [Next] then [Finish]
This completes the setup of your email account in Outlook 2013