iPhone/iPad email setup tutorial
1. From the home screen of your iphone/ipad, press the settings icon
2. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars
3. Under the Accounts section select Add Account
4. On the Add Account page select Other.
5. Under the Mail section select Add Mail Account
6. On the New Account screen,complete the following details:
Your Name: The name to be displayed when sending email.
Address: Your email address, eg. firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: The password used for this email account.
Description: Any text description.
7. Press [Save].
The device may attempt to automatically retrieve the server settings. If it fails, continue following the steps below to configure your iphone/ipad manually.
8. Our servers support both POP and IMAP. Select IMAP or POP from the mail account types depending on your preference.
9. Scroll down the screen and complete the corresponding information.
Incoming Mail Server
Host Name: pop.partnerconsole.com or imap.partnerconsole.com
Username: Your full email address eg. email@example.com
Password: The password to your email address.
Outgoing Mail Server
Host Name: smtp.partnerconsole.com
Username: Your full email and address eg. firstname.lastname@example.org
Password: The password to your email address
10. Scroll back to the top of the screen and press [save].
Your device will now attempt to verify all the settings you’ve entered. You’ll need to wait for it to do this.
Note: You may be given a warning that your device cannot connect via SSL or that it cannot be verified.
The reason this warning comes up is because your device may be attempting to connect to our shared mail server via an SSL connection using your domain name rather than the name which the SSL certificate belongs to.
If this warning comes up, you may simply press continue.
11. That completes the configuration of your iPhone/iPad to our email servers. Before using it however, we recommend testing that a few other settings have been configured correctly. The iPhone/iPad is known for automatically using some default settings which may cause you some problems. Continue with the steps below to ensure that the settings on your decivice are manually set correctly.
Modify the Email Settings on your iPhone/iPad
1. From the home screen of your iPhone/iPad, press the Settings Icon.
2. Select, Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. The email account you just created will be displayed in the Accounts section.
4. Select the email account you just created.
5. Scroll down to the Outgoing Mail Server section and press SMTP.
6. If only using your email services with us on your device, your primary server should be smtp.partnerconsole.com. Select this SMTP server to configure it further.
7. Modify the following information if not already completed:
Server Port: 587
If wanting to use SSL, set SSL to be on and the server port to be 465.
8. Press Done.
9. To modify your incoming mail server settings, go back to the email account page and press Advance rather than smtp.
10. Modify the following information if not already completed:
Server Port: 110
If wanting to use SSL, set SSL to be on and the server port to be 995.
11. From this screen, you may also allow your device to delete email off of our servers when it downloads them or set them to delete after a set period of time.
You’re now complete.
Test by sending an email to the account.