- Are you using Twitpic or Yfrog to display your images?
- Have you noticed how many hits you are getting to those sites?
- What do you do when you click on somebody else’s image? View then close?
It would be much better to send people to your website rather than the mobile image sites wouldn’t it? I did this on my music site, and using Google Analytics was able to see that 100% of people who viewed my images, then went on to view another page.
Most of the time you are using mobile pics when you are out and about. Did you know that setting this up on your iPhone or Blackberry is really quite simple and let’s face it a lot of fun!
Here’s what you need:
- An iPhone / Blackberry
- The WordPress App for iphone (available from the itunes store obviously)
- A WordPress Website (if you don’t have one we should talk…)
- Twitter Tools plugin (so you can auto notify Twitter that you have posted an image)
- Selective Tweets for Facebook (so you can sync to Facebook using #fb)
- Google Analytics (so you can see the increase in traffic!)
Here’s a slightly more detailed explanation:
- Download the WordPress Application for your iphone and fill in the necessary details.
- Install an auto Twitter Plugin like Twitter Tools so that when you post your content to WordPress it will automatically tweet.
- Install Selective Tweets on your Facebook Page (if you have one). This will allow you to sync twitter and facebook, but most importantly it will only sync when you put #fb.
- Go back into Twitter tools now and include the #fb at the end of your auto post URL string.
- Take your photo on your phone.
- Go to the wordpress application, make a new post, select add image and then hit publish!
- Your now sending people to your website rather than twit pic and you’ll notice a big upsurge in traffic!
Check out my music site to see the end results. http://www.daveandersononline.com/category/blog/mobile-pics/